About Our Family

My photo
Tuscaloosa,, Alabama, United States
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:14-17

Friday, July 6, 2012

Orange Beach 2012 Part 1

We had the opportunity to take a short trip to Orange Beach, AL this past weekend.  These are just pictures on my phone...I have a ton on my camera that I want to post so I'll have a part 2 coming soon.

We went on a Charter Sailboat called The Cetacean.  We cruised around looking at dolphins, then they turned the engines off and we sailed around the bay.  Ashlyn was a little tired from driving down the day before and she HATES her life jacket...but she did enjoy most of her first sailing trip.
She got VERY upset for a little while when the cup she is holding in this picture slipped from her hands and rolled right into the ocean.  She calmed down a little when we told her that the dolphins would like to play with it. 

Her latest obsession is NEMO!!!  She calls Nemo - "Elmo".  She calls Elmo "Elmo" too.  Kind of confusing I know.  She really enjoyed seeing Nemo everywhere this trip!  The swimmy diapers you buy are a package of half Pooh, half Nemo.  She refused to wear the Pooh ones - she would just keep saying "Nemo, Nemo, Nemo" until I caved and put a Nemo one on instead of a Pooh one.  We stopped at McDonald's for breakfast before heading out to the beach and she was so excited that Nemo and his daddy were there!  I couldn't resist a picture of Ashlyn and her daddy with Nemo and his daddy!!!
She loved the area of the beach that David chose to go to!  We were close to the pass so the waves were minimal.  She played in the water and LOVED digging in the sand.

The beach wore this child slap out!!!  Note her pink Nemo that she loves more than Lovey now!  We really needed this little getaway and it was perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I've LOVED catching up, Heather! Love the zoo pics...where were those birds? We missed those on Jake's field trip. Guess we'll have to go back now just to feed them. :) And your comment about being "afraid" of her driving was precious! I promise you I laughed out loud. I'm so glad you had a great time at the beach. I'm pretty sure I'd give anything right now to take a nap as good as Ashlyn can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Orange Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete