About Our Family

My photo
Tuscaloosa,, Alabama, United States
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:14-17

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birthday Party

Ashlyn will be TWO in just 9 short days!!!  I can't believe my little baby who was just born yesterday is about to turn TWO WHOLE YEARS OLD!  I thought the first birthday was a little shocking...but two has really left me in a tailspin.  Ashlyn is currently obsessed with Nemo...so I thought about doing a Nemo party, but then I remembered how much work planning a little kid birthday party was and that I promised myself (and David) that I wouldn't go overboard again until she starts remembering her birthdays...so we've decided to take a trip to SEE Nemo for her birthday!  I'm so excited about the idea.  David's birthday, Ashlyn's birthday and our wedding anniversary are all in the same month, so I think it's only fitting to have a little family get-away to celebrate!  We're going to Atlanta to the Georgia Aquarium to visit Nemo!!!!  I'm  not sure what all else we'll do while we're there...maybe a trip to Ikea???  I checked the Braves schedule and they are away. :-(  I'm sure we'll find SOMETHING to do...LOL!

In the meantime...I'll leave you with pictures of Ashlyn at a couple of the birthday parties she's been invited to this summer.  She really loves playing with her friends and even Mommy and Daddy had a great time visiting and playing!

                    
This is Ashlyn's little best friend from church's party.  I just can't get enough "K hugs" from this little girl!  She is beyond sweetness!
Ashlyn finally got brave and climbed up these little stairs and went down the slide!
Last year we went to this same place for a birthday party and Ashlyn screamed her little head off when we put her in the ball pit.  This year she thought it was the most fun!!!  She is growing up so fast!
Ashlyn with the birthday boy.
This is Ashlyn's teacher from school and her son.  Her son was in Ashlyn's class also and Ashlyn ADORES him!  She calls him her baby and gives him kisses all day!  He didn't move up this year with her and I know she misses him. :-)  She got to keep her teacher though and I know she's happy to stay with her!
She is fearless I tell you!  She followed her other little friend up through the netting stairs and made her way to the big slide.  She only went once, but she had a grin the size of Texas on her face when she got to the bottom of that slide!

No comments:

Post a Comment