About Our Family

My photo
Tuscaloosa,, Alabama, United States
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:14-17

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our quirky little girl...

Ashlyn really and truly cracks me up at least once a day.  This morning was the "penguin walk" that had me in stitches.  I have to get a video of it to share.  It's hard to describe, but she shakes her little rear and pumps her little fists while she walks and it's quite hilarious...anyway...I'm sure some of the things I think are hilarious and cute are just normal stuff to people who are not Ashlyn's Mommy and Daddy, but this is our version of a scrapbook so onto documenting I go.

Since we live in the very heart of the South...I think it is very important to document my little booger's introduction to the world of RANCH DRESSING!  LOL!  She now officially loves Ranch dressing!  And just for the record...Daddy let's her have the occasional sip of SWEET TEA which she loves even more than Ranch Dressing (Mommy drinks unsweet, which is almost a crime in Alabama)!!!




Follow up to the last trip to the river...we got to the house and got all cleaned up and headed over to David's mom's house for dinner, but Ashlyn wouldn't budge unless she could bring her Radio Flyer Scoot and Zoom.  All these seasoned parents tell us to pick our battles and this one just wasn't worth fighting, so the Scoot and Zoom joined us for the car ride!  BTW - she also refused to let go of it in the car for the first 10 minutes of the ride...then it just got to heavy for her.  She's such a funny little chicky.


Ashlyn LOVES shoes...not she doesn't just like them...she LOVES them!!!  She can't wait to put her shoes on in the morning!!!  She sometimes wants to put them on with her PJ's.  She just recently figured out how to put Mommy's shoes on!  (She tried Daddy's, but his are just a bit to big!)  This was the first time she wore my shoes.  I was cooking dinner and she came clomping into the kitchen and I about doubled over in laughter!  She was so cute!



1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog! And I think Ashlyn is such a sweet cute girl!

    ReplyDelete