About Our Family

My photo
Tuscaloosa,, Alabama, United States
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:14-17

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wounded Warriors Project and Leavellwood

I would just like to say how proud I am of my husband.  He has a heart of gold and such a generous spirit!  This past weekend, David and his business partner were asked to sponsor a dinner at the 1st Annual Justin Junkin Memorial Fishing Trip.  They cooked an amazing dinner for these guys!  I didn't even know they were doing the event until a few days before it happened.  He would die of embarrassment if he even knew I was bragging on him about this...but I know them well enough to know they probably didn't even hesitate to say "yes" when they were asked to do this event.  I am so blessed to have him as my husband and I'm so proud of him.  David asked if me and Ashlyn and Lindsey would like to come have dinner with everyone, so we headed out to Leavellwood Lodge. David's business partner has known the family that owns Leavellwood for many years and they've done events out there before, but I'd never gotten to go see it before.  I have to say it is breathtaking!  It is absolutely gorgeous and serene out there!  Here is their website if anyone is interested in checking out some photos or wants to book a hunting/fishing trip!


The fishing trip is part of the Wounded Warrior Project.  Please check out their website if you aren't familiar with the organization, but I think it is such a needed and worthy project.  Kudos to Leavellwood for putting on a fantastic event!!!  They had fishing pros come in (some from pretty far away) and take some of our nations heroes out fishing for the weekend.  The guys looked like they were having a great time and they all said they were learning a lot from the pros.  Anyone who knows me, knows I'm patriotic to the core.  I am so very grateful to live in this nation.  America may have it's flaws, but it is still the greatest nation in the world.  The only reason I'm able to even write this blog, to have my own opinions and share them freely is because of the MANY men and women who serve in our Armed Forces.  They protect me and ensure my continued freedom and I am truly grateful to them and their families.  I won't ever be able to say "Thank You" in enough ways.



This picture is blurry, but I had to share!  Ashlyn made a new little friend at dinner.  This is the daughter of Justin Junkin.  We got to get to know his wife (her name is Heather too) and his sweet parents and his adorable little girl.  She is really close to Ashlyn's age and they had so much fun playing together!  They gave hugs and held hands and shared toys and it was just adorable to watch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment