About Our Family

My photo
Tuscaloosa,, Alabama, United States
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:14-17

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Oh Glorious Day!

     After over three weeks of laying in the bed, wondering (while crying my eyes out if we're being honest here) if I would ever feel like a normal person again... I FEEL GREAT!  Now don't get me wrong - my "feeling great" would probably be someone else's "I just got over the flu yesterday"!  Yesterday my tongue was healed enough to eat solid food!!!!  I just have to laugh at the absurdity of how happy being able to make that statement makes me!  Ashlyn spent the night last night at her GrandMary's house.  I'm outside of my Nadir (the period of time when my cell counts are their lowest) and actually have had really good white cells counts before they have given me each new chemo treatment...so David and I decided to go to church for the first time since I was diagnosed.  It was so wonderful to worship in house of God again!  I was so glad to see so many friends!  I even wore makeup, which I haven't done in over a month! LOL!  I had a wonderful conversation with our pastor after service.  He never fails to impart such wisdom during his messages, but even during a simple conversation I walk away enlightened.  We are so very blessed to have such a wonderful church home!  So many people from our church have prayed for us, cooked for us, encouraged us with the sweetest words and reached out in so many ways.  We are truly grateful for each and every one of them!
     After church we went to lunch together - just the two of us!  I had one of the yummiest calzones EVER!  We went over to GrandMary's house to pick Ashlyn up (in the pouring rain!)  To celebrate my feeling better after dinner we decided to make SMORES!!!!  Ashlyn thought she was big enough to toast her own marshmallows....don't worry she only held it by herself long enough for the picture and we didn't burn our house down.  You've got to love her crazy hair!  She played so hard when we got home!
 
 
     Tomorrow I get to go to work and attempt to try to catch up.  Please note that I used the word "get".  I work with some seriously amazing ladies and going to work now is a joy I never truly appreciated before.  To be honest, going down the street to the dollar store is a luxury I never truly appreciated.  Wishing everyone a happy and productive week!  An "ordinary day" is a GIFT that shouldn't be taken for granted!!!!  I'm going to try to make the most of every second!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for this update! I can't possibly imagine all that you are going through, but I am praying for you and your family. Keep pressing on, Heather. You are doing well!

    ReplyDelete