About Our Family

My photo
Tuscaloosa,, Alabama, United States
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:14-17

Friday, December 21, 2012

A new day

Last night I faced my fear.  I cried all day.  I felt sorry for myself a little.  That didn't help anything.  It just made me feel worse.  Teresa called last night, in the middle of one of my fits of tears and I told her I had asked David if he would shave my head.  She asked if I wanted her to come over with the clippers and I said yes.  She and her daughter came over and spent time with me and encouraged me and I appreciate them so much!  Physically and emotionally I felt better after we were done.  I cried most of the time she was shaving my head.  It's easy to look from afar at other people who are waging this battle and think their bald heads are beautiful because they are fighting for life...but it's different when you are staring at the mirror and looking at your own.  This is a small price to pay to live a longer life...to see my baby girl grow up...to hug my husband for years to come.  I asked my daughter last night if Mommy was still pretty and she gave me a big smile and said, "Mommy pretty!".  It melted my heart in so many ways that it still brings tears to my eyes.  I have so many encouraging people in my life and I can't express how eternally grateful I am for each and every one of you!  One of my friends emailed me this verse and I felt it very fitting considering how weak I've felt through this part of my journey:

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-11
This is the new me...I have to say my wig turned out pretty natural looking. :)

3 comments:

  1. Heather, you are so amazing and Beautiful inside and out!!! Big hugs to you!!! And love always! ~Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather-I'm so sorry that this week has been so rough. Your wig looks great!! And like Cindi said, you are beautiful inside and out! I'm praying for you. Love in Christ, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it looks! You are beautiful! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete