About Our Family

My photo
Tuscaloosa,, Alabama, United States
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:14-17

Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 7, 8 and 9

Day 7:  Day 7 felt like a fog lifted!  On day 6 evening I took the Ativan and had a good night's rest and although I was really sleep on Day 7, I wasn't dizzy and lightheaded anymore.  I felt like I could form a coherent, non anxiety filled thought!  After a full day at work, I was really looking forward to David coming to pick me up after he picked Ashlyn up from school.  I was crushed when David called me to say that Ashlyn's teacher had called him to tell him she had a low grade fever.  Seriously crushed...I burst out into tears because I knew I would be able to see her again until she was well.  My mommy protection instincts went into overdrive because I knew I wouldn't be there to take her temperature and rock her and comfort her.  I worried that it would be something serious, but I knew that I was truly helpless in this situation, so I did the most powerful thing I knew to do...I prayed for her.  I called others to pray for her.  I am claiming complete and total health for my family for this season.  A sweet friend from church brought us dinner and visited with me for a while.  One of the hardest parts of chemotherapy is no hugs.  I have to do everything I can to stay away from germs and that includes not hugging and shaking hands.  I'm gonna be a hugging freak when I'm through with this!
Day 8:  We slept late this morning since our little alarm clock was at David's mom's house.  I called my mother-in-law to check on Ashlyn and she was fine.  She woke up without a fever.  She has a tiny cough, but David decided to go get her that evening anyway.  We really think it's sinus drainage.  We drove around and saw Christmas lights (Ashlyn slept).  I had a very encouraging visitor today who kept me company while David had to do some things for work.  I mostly laid around and rested.  I feel fine, just a little tired.
Day 9: I felt really achy today.  Not sure what that was about?  Maybe I laid around too much on Saturday.  We tried to take Ashlyn to the mall to meet Santa before it got busy, but they don't open until 1 and there would be too many people there.  Maybe later this week...  We did go get our Christmas tree!  We always have fun picking out our Christmas tree each year!  There aren't any decorations on it yet, but there's a big tree sitting in the living room now. :)  My step mom and my step sister came to visit and brought Christmas gifts!  Ashlyn had so much fun opening her gifts and playing with Mimi and Aunt Caitlin!  Mimi decked her out in princess gear!



No comments:

Post a Comment